Modern family living involves a lot of toys. And games. And technology. But when living in the city, space to house all these items is often hard to come by. At Charles Baker Place in Wandsworth, London, the expansive five-bedroom townhouses offer plenty of room for families to flourish with flexible, open-plan living spaces.
Our stunningly designed five-bedroom homes are set over four storeys, including a versatile basement floor. While adding a basement to an existing property can be a huge headache, the five-bedroom townhouses at Charles Baker Place already have the below-ground room factored in, ensuring maximum accommodation (not to mention their additional garden studios!). Adaptable and flexible, the basement rooms at Charles Baker Place are an ideal space to enjoy at any age. These are our top five ways to transform the basement rooms for modern family living:
- A perfect playroom for children – with an abundance of toys to trip up on or squeak loudly over the TV, an entirely separate floor for young kids to play away from the main living accommodation is a godsend for parents.
- As teenagers grow and begin to demand their independence, the space can easily be converted into a den for teens to escape their parents and play FIFA as noisily as they want! It’s also an amazing space to host band practice without disturbing the neighbours, or have friends sleep over worry-free about noise at all hours of the night.
- Mum and Dad’s escape hatch – it’s not just children who need somewhere to escape to, parents need their alone time as well. With a wide skylight, providing plenty of natural light during the day, and modern downlighting to create an ambient atmosphere of an evening, the space can be a romantic room to get away from the rigours of daily life.
- Those who like fitness could alternatively turn the basement room into a home gym, knowing that they can work up a sweat without having to even step outside. With plenty of space for several machines and have a warm up/yoga area too, ideal for personal training sessions, sporty types can get their fix without losing any room in the main areas of the house.
- Each state-of-the-art basement is complete with its own kitchenette and bathroom, creating a studio apartment that’s perfect for elderly relatives, live-in nannies/au pairs, or even returning graduates used to having their own space.
Charles Baker Place, with its gated courtyard and off-street parking offers a haven for families in the capital. Wandsworth provides plenty for everyone to do, with open green spaces plus a host of renowned shops, pubs and eateries all on the doorstep, as well as some of London’s top schools, and unrivalled public transport options nearby, for journeys into and out of the city.
There is just one, five-bedroom townhouse remaining at Charles Baker Place. To arrange a viewing, contact our agents:
- Robin Chatwin, Savills – firstname.lastname@example.org 07967 555 650
- Joel Baseley, Rampton Basely– email@example.com 07885 453 726
Follow us on social media: